National governing body, British Cycling has confirmed the dates and venues for Great Britain’s 2023 national track calendar.
The National Track Series will kick off in February for the sprinters at the Glasgow Track Racing Club Grand Prix in Glasgow, and May for the endurance riders at the Dudley Grand Prix in Halesowen. Both series will conclude at the Newport Grand Prix in November.
Newport’s Geraint Thomas National Velodrome of Wales will play host to this year’s National Elimination Championships and Tandem Sprint Championships (June 4), the National Masters Track Championships (June 29 to July 2), and the Youth and Junior National Track Championships (July 24-28). The National Madison Championships and National Derny Championships will be hosted at Derby Arena on the weekend of September 22-23.
The National Youth Omnium Series will consist of four rounds and a final, starting in March and ending at the Lee Valley VeloPark Velodrome in July, while the National Grass Track Short and Endurance League will be made up of nine rounds, running from May to September.
Acting Cycling Delivery Director Jonathan Day said “We’re really pleased to be able to offer another varied and comprehensive track racing calendar in 2023, with action across both our indoor and outdoor velodromes and grass track events.
“As a nation we have a proud record of medal success on the track, and through our national calendar of events we want to support the next generation of talent and provide progressive opportunities for riders to test themselves against the best and develop their skills.”
- Sunday 4 June: National Elimination Championships, Newport
- Sunday 4 June: National Tandem Sprint Championships, Newport
- Thursday 29 June – Sunday 2 July: National Masters Track Championships, Newport
- Monday 24 July – Friday 28 July: Youth and Junior National Track Championships, Newport
- Friday 22 September: National Madison Championships, Derby
- Saturday 23 September: National Derny Championships, Derby
- TBC: National Omnium Championship, TBC
National Track Series
- Saturday 19 February: Glasgow Track Racing Club Grand Prix (incorporating Scottish Madison Championships), Glasgow (Sprint)
- Sunday 7 May: Dudley Grand Prix, Halesowen (Endurance)
- Saturday 27 May: Blackline Open, Newport (Sprint)
- Sunday 4 June: Chris Wharton Memorial, Newport (Endurance)
- Sunday 9 July: Brixton SuperMadison, Herne Hill (Sprint & Endurance)
- Saturday 18 November: Newport Grand Prix, Newport (Sprint & Endurance)
National Youth Omnium Series
- Round 1 – Sunday 5 March: Manchester / Sunday 12 March: Glasgow, Lee Valley
- Round 2 – Saturday 22 April: Portsmouth / Sunday 23 April: Carmarthen, Herne Hill
- Round 3 – Saturday 20 May: Wolverhampton, Dundee / Sunday 21 May: Maindy, Brighton
- Round 4 – Saturday 10 June: Halesowen / Sunday 11 June: Bournemouth, York
- Final – Saturday 15 July: Lee Valley
National Grass Track Short & Endurance League
- Round 1: Saturday 13 May, Ashwell Spring Meeting (Short League)
- Round 2: Sunday 25 June, West Suffolk Wheelers & Tri Club Grass Track Meeting (Short & Endurance League) (Including Men’s 400m National Championship)
- Round 3: Sunday 2 July, Plomesgate CC Grass Track (Short & Endurance League) (Including Men’s 8km National Championship)
- Round 4: Saturday 8 July, Biggleswade Sports (Short & Endurance League) (Including Women’s 5km National Championship)
- Round 5: Saturday 29 July, Heckington Show Grass Track Meeting (Endurance League)
- Round 6: Sunday 6 August, Green Arrow Grass Track (Short & Endurance League) (Including Women’s 800m National Championship)
- Round 7: Sunday 20 August, Norwich Grass Track (Short & Endurance League) (Including Women’s Women’s 400m National Championship)
- Round 8: Saturday 2 September, Spalding Grass Track (Short & Endurance League) (Including Men’s 800m National Championship)
- Round 9: Saturday 9 September, Ashwell Autumn Meeting (Endurance League)